Friday, February 27, 2015

Browsing components suppliers websites brings lots of ideas

I was searching Distrelec for a 4x40 LCD display (they don't have it, and their displays are quite expensive), and instead found this case:
I only need to apply something like it on Cyprida's 4x40 LCD display... which has a view area of about 154x28mm and a metallic black border of 173x48mm.

The above product has a 145x28mm window and is 161x40. Oops: too small! The biggest one available is 169x27mm, still too small.

But when I said "too small" i just had a look to my Dremel tool. I may cut my own cover to accomodate the 4x40 display.

I was also searching for some "notebook-sized" rigid plastic box. I found on Mouser this one that seems acceptable (not really on the cheap side) for my Cyprida project:
Its external size is 9.3" x 11.1" x 2.2", that is 236 x 281 x 56mm; I guess that the useful volume is 10mm less on every side. I did not choose a smaller one because I think I may accomodate one or two 5V batteries; I have two somewhat aged MobilePowerPack Li-Ion 5V batteries (USB-chargeable), 13 x 78 x 132mm.

No comments:

Post a Comment